Come join Steff Green and Linda Shaw on the DREAM TEAM to inspire, educate and build networks for our members. We’re looking for talented, enthusiastic and dedicated people to create an amazing conference in 2020.
You might’ve already been involved in previous years or new to the behind-the scenes delivery of a successful conference. Regardless, we’re looking for you! Give back to your association, learn how to put together a brilliant event, be part of creating something EPIC and have an amazing time with like-minded writers. There will be fun and laughter too!
You might be an attention to detail person or someone who loves creativity. There is a role for you over the next twelve months to learn new things or hone your devastatingly wonderful skills. Consider the following roles. One person may apply for more than one role or a role could be shared:
– Programme Co-ordinator: 2IC to Steff Green, drafts conference programme, workshop liaison, organises cold reads and trade show. Good admin skills needed, calm in face of crisis!
– Online Media Co-ordinator: Managing communications online including social media, Facebook, website, video, etc). Some experience is necessary. Works closely with Steff.
– Print Media Co-ordinator: Managing design, production, co-ordination of print materials, printing of programme, nametags, etc. Works closely with Steff Green.
– Registrar: 2IC to Linda Shaw, manages the registration process, including information sharing, name tags, pitch organisation and tickets. Strong logistical skills, dots the I’s. Great people person.
– Events Co-ordinator: hospitality delivery for cocktail party, awards dinner, first-timers dinner, menus, wine. Previous events experience. Works closely with Linda Shaw.
– AV/Music Liaison: Manages all AV with hotel, including room setups, playlists, co-ordinating with speakers and workshop presenters. Previous AV experience. Works closely with Linda Shaw
– Accomodation/Rooms Co-ordinator: Manages accommodation allocations for speakers and workshops, Cold Reads, Pitches, etc. No experience needed. Works closely with Linda Shaw.
– Volunteer Co-ordinator: Manages volunteers, allocates tasks, arranges airport pickups, manages raffles and goodie bags. Good organisational skills, Works closely with Linda Shaw.
Everyone’s contribution is valued and Steff and Linda work as a team, so you’ll be part of a strong, committed, creative group of passionate people. We’ve laid down the foundation to the ‘Get out of my dreams, get into my book’ theme, now we want to bring others onboard who love the idea of delivering on the dreams of our colleagues.
The Conference Committee will hold regular Zoom meetings and the Programme Co-ordinator, Registrar, Online Media Co-ordinator and Print Media Co-ordinator will need to be available to contribute to the planning. All other roles are optional to attend initially (and you are very welcome) however all roles would need to be involved in the Committee meetings from January 2020.
Please apply by completing the form below with your contact details and a bit about your skills and talents. We’d love to hear from you by 1st October 2019. If you have a particular role in mind, please tick it. If not, we’ll find somewhere for you 🙂 If you need more information about the roles please contact Linda Shaw or 0220 546 320.